Metallurgical failure analysis can assist an investigation by providing important information in respect of the following attributes of the component in question:
- Is the material composition correct?
- Did the material have the correct mechanical properties?
- Was there any design issues or manufacturing defects present?
- Was the component correctly heat treated during manufacture?
- If fabricated, was the welding undertaken in a satisfactory manner and was the component manufactured to the correct specification?
- If cast did the component have any inherent defects that were the result of the casting process?
The following are examples of components that can be analysed when failure occurs:
- Welded Structures
- Engines and motors
Results of failure analyses are professionally presented in a report and are written with our clients in mind so that they are easily read and understood. The reports include a full colour photographic record of all steps of the investigation.